Friday, August 19, 2011

Random Thoughts

~Rick left town today for the weekend.

~I have taken advantage of the Buy One Get One Half Off Blizzard Sale to get me through the weekend. 2 large French Silk Pie Blizzards are sitting in my freezer right now to be rationed out to myself at regular intervals throughout the weekend.

~Chick-fil-a will be my new office for the fall. I can meet with people while the kids play with unlimited amounts of Sweet Tea available.

~I am so excited to participate in a Feed My Starving Children event tomorrow with my big kids at a local church!!!

~I have experienced some great conversations with great friends and done some new and exciting things that I might not have ventured into on my own over the last week and a half. (more on that later)

~I realized the other day that Isaiah and Laila have never seen The Little Mermaid. I have got to change that soon. It is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies.

~My allergies are a mess this time of year!! I am tired of sneezing, snotting, and rubbing my eyes.

~The weather in CO is changing to Fall already. That sets me on a downward spiral emotionally.

~I got so spoiled this last weekend being away that reentry this week has been extremely painful for me.

~I wish I could push a reset button on our house and my children right now. They are both very messy in their own ways. Sibling fighting is going to send me over the edge.

~I have spent 2 1/2 hours in carpool lines each day this week. That is with Rick taking Cody to school each morning and Isaiah doesn't start until Monday!! I sure hope they get their new systems figured out soon!!




1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a great weekend with the kids. Our kids start school on Monday, and I'll miss them, but I'm ready. I babysit 5 kids from home plus our Micah, so I will have six ranging from 1 to 4 years of age. Plus I write press releases on new Christian books being released. Of course they haven't had any work for me this summer, but this week I got hit with 10 press releases all at once. I think I wanted to hyperventilate, but then I just gave God the praise for the work and decided to take one small step at a time. I do wish I could wave a magic wand and have my house cleaned though. Sara's 12th birthday party is tonight, and the house is a wreck. I have 2 hours to get it presentable and to finish the cake (the top layer fell off). LOL

    I just finished reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts with our women's Bible study, and I can't tell you how much it has changed my perspective and encouraged me. If you ever get time to yourself to read, it's a great book.

    Praying for your sanity and God's grace!

    Love,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete