Thursday, November 25, 2010

Update on Little Man

Last night was a long, hard night. Isaiah's breathing improved so much from when he took him in, but the night was filled with activity. There were breathing treatments and regular temperature checks from the nurse. He had to go back on oxygen in the middle of the night. At 12:30, we had to change all the sheets on his bed after an accident. His pulse/ox monitor kept coming off of his finger which caused alarms to go off all night long. I laid in the bed with him all night.

At about 4:30 in the morning, I gave up the fight for me to sleep. I actually opened my eyes to see Isaiah looking right at me. I said, "What are you thinking about?" His answer, "I'm thinking about how special you are." Well if that doesn't melt your heart, I don't know what does. I held him for a while and then we decided to turn on the lights and look for something to watch on TV.
Happy Thanksgiving
See the turkey Webkinz that Grammy brought him.
The doctor arrived around 9:45 AM. At first it seemed as though we were going to be released. Then, she listened to his chest. He was still wheezing badly. She just didn't feel that it was wise to release him in that condition. So, we get to spend another night in the hospital!! Good times!!
I just had to get a picture in his cute little gown
Aunt Kimberly came to visit
Papa came to visit
Brothers and sisters came to visit
Rick let me come home about 10:30 to get a shower and eat lunch with my family. He stayed with Isaiah.
Rick and Isaiah's Thanksgiving Meal
Isaiah was thrilled to have chicken nuggets and french fries for his meal!!
I relieved Rick of his duties at 2:30 so he could come to the house to watch the Cowboys game and get some yummy Thanksgiving food. Isaiah and I took a short nap together. I held him and evidently, his pullup leaked. I woke up soaking wet in my jeans. YUCK! I had to wait another 3 hours before I could leave and change. That was gross!
While Rick was gone, Uncle Rob and Aunt Tonia visited
Elaine and her daddy visited this evening.
Isaiah has definitely perked up. He was his usual comedic self during their visit.
Rick returned to stay with Isaiah overnight tonight. I so need sleep. I am exhausted. I hope he gets released tomorrow. We are supposed to celebrate Thanksgiving with Rick's family tomorrow afternoon

It was not the Thanksgiving I expected. Nonetheless, I am ever so thankful for all the blessings in my life. Even in the midst of this hospital craziness, I can see so much to be thankful for.

I will share pics from our Thanksgiving meal at my parents' house soon.


  1. O Laura, I am so so sorry that you are going through this on your TG trip. I am praying that this hospital visit will be an opportunity to minister to broken places in little Isaiah's heart if he has gone through this same experience in a harder way. You are truly a beautiful mother.

  2. Love you, sweet friend. What a privilege to be the one there to walk through this with your little man. Praying.