Sunday, September 26, 2010

September Challenge

I haven't spoken much about the September Challenge because this has turned out to be a crazy month. I haven't been able to truly implement it like I have planned.

Rick's hospital visit threw me off a bit. As a result of it, we were blessed with some amazing meals for our family.

Then, we did our anniversary getaway which left our children in the care of others. I didn't really expect them to maintain my challenge for me.

Finally, I have been gone for the wedding, which means Rick has had to deal with food himself. I didn't really think it would be a good idea to mention the September challenge to him when we were talking about food for them while I was gone. I think that might have just sent him over the edge. In addition, he was blessed with a couple of meals for our family from a friend. Thanks, Kim, for helping us out with that little detail.

So, here we are in the last week of this month, and my freezer is not empty. I hope to try to make it through this week purchasing little or no groceries. If I accomplish that goal, then I will have saved a couple of hundred dollars this month. One step toward making up for the deficit I have accumulated over the last few months.

I will update at the end of the month, and am working on a new challenge for Oct. I love being able to stretch myself in these ways. I will definitely plan to finish emptying out the freezer in Oct. so I can defrost it.

I kind of wish I had some "funny" meals to report, but we have eaten pretty well. What about you? I know that some of you are joining me. How has it gone for you? What is your family eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment