Monday, September 20, 2010

It Truly Takes a Village

You would not believe the orchestrating that I have had to do in order to make my trip to KY possible.

Coordinating 6 little peoples' schedules with school, football, soccer, church, Birthday parties, church, and Rick's schedule is completely insane.

We could not do this without the help of so many friends. Thank you Lauras( you would not believe the number of people named "Laura" around here), Andrea, Karen, and my backup crew(Julie, Melissa, Amber, and Holly).

Rick and I were both exhausted after just looking at the schedule much less executing it.

It is a relief to me to have it all worked out.

Now, I just need everyone to stay healthy. Sickness would really mess up this whole gig I got going.

I am the lucky one. I get to leave town and let the chips fall where they may.

Could you say a prayer or two for my husband this weekend?

I don't want him having another trip to the hospital from the stress of it all.

Oh, did I mention that from Friday night to Sunday night, Rick is also hosting one of our Swazi pastor friends in our home?

Oh, to be a fly on the wall and watch these two men take care of these 6 children, feed them, take them to ballgames, get them to church. I really wish I could see it all happen.

Now that is the kind of stuff that reality TV is made of!!

No comments:

Post a Comment