Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Long-Awaited Photos

Laila was not cooperative the first time I took her to get her 2 yr. pictures made. After that frustrating experience, I took her with me 3 more times to watch her big brother and big sisters get their pictures made. We talked about it each time and explained how she would go soon again.

I put much preparation into that morning. We had snacks. We talked about how much fun it was going to be. We took a bath and fixed her hair. We were ready!!

When we got there, she started to tear up. I was going to leave there with pictures whether she was happy or not in them. She didn't do great, but it was so much better than before. Here are some of my favorites:
Laila is very gentle and loving. She is a cuddler.
This picture shows that side of her personality.
I absolutely love her cute little profile.
Her little lips and nose just make me want to eat her up!
Oh, My Goodness!!
Where did my baby go?
I love the little curled toes.
Giving the bear a whiff of the flower.
We like to call her Laila Bear so that makes the bear in the picture even more appropriate. When we distracted her by giving her the bear and flower, she was much more secure in getting her picture taken.

I love my little sweetie so much. She has blossomed even more since she turned 2. Her language is exploding. I love it when she says, I yove you , mommy!! I love it when she sings in the car. I love it when she dances at home. I love it when she watches "Little Einsteins" and interacts with it just as they intended. Her kisses, her hugs, they just melt me. When I go to get them up in the morning and Isaiah says that he has stayed in his bed(he has a toddler bed), she pipes up and says, "I stay in my bed, Mommy"(she is in a crib, she kind of has to, but it is cute.)
Laila, you have brought more joy to me than I ever could have imagined. You have changed my life. You have changed our family. That little girl with the furrowed brow who was stingy with her smiles has become a beautiful, vibrant, vivacious little girl that wins the hearts of everyone she is around. I love you, baby girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment