Friday, September 24, 2010

My Old KY Home

I arrived to my hometown, Glasgow, KY yesterday.

It is hot here, and I love it!! I am soaking in every bit of heat and humidity I can. Everyone here is complaining about how hot it is, but I. LOVE. IT!

I have not been home by myself for over 12 years. I always have kids or the whole family with me.

I spent Wed. night in Nashville, TN catching up with a friend from high school. She is one of those friends that I can go forever without talking to, and we can pick up where we left off in a matter of minutes.

And, of course, I forgot to get a picture of us together. So, I will describe her for you. Her name is Traci. She is taller than me. She looks just like she did in high school, hasn't aged at all. She has dark, shoulder length hair. So, see, you don't even need a picture, right?

My brother and mom came to Nashville to pick me up. We had lunch together at Cracker Barrel. Nothing like some sweet tea and biscuits in Nashville, TN.

I got to spend some time last night with another friend from high school. It was so exciting to hear what God has done in her life and meet her husband and 2 of her boys. We laughed a lot. It was refreshing.

I slept in today and plan to spend the day with my mom. I am hoping to remember pictures today.

Rick and the kids are doing great. I am so thankful for a hubby that will give me a break like this and the opportunity to be at my brother's wedding.



No comments:

Post a Comment