Sunday, September 26, 2010

Football Season

Cody is playing football for the first time. I am amazed at how intense this stuff is at the 6th grade level. He practices 4 days a week before the season starts, then he has practice 3 days a week and games on Sat. throughout the season. The really cool part is that he gets to be on a team with kids from his school. They are learning the plays that their school does in middle school and high school so they will be prepared if they plan to continue. His coach is a friend of ours, and his two best friends are on the team. He has had some bumps and bruises along the way, is sore most of the time, is exhausted at night, but I think he really likes it.

I am not a huge football fan. I like the Dallas Cowboys because my husband does. I like to wear Cowboys clothes to support the team. I want to know if they won or not, but that is about how far it goes for me. I don't really know a lot about the game. Having Cody play is a whole different story. I love that we can cheer him on. He is pretty hard on himself. So far, it has been a tough season. I hope they get to experience some victories this season.
The Team
Cody is #8
He is a wide receiver ( I think!?!)
Not sure what position he is playing here.
Ready to go.
Go for it!
Once again, much goes on at the park in our family outside of the game. Here is a bit of that world which I manage while the game is happening.
The girls make a tent with friends and eat snacks.
Setting up the tent.
Sam playing in the sand.
Rick played football as a teenager. He is VERY excited to see Cody say football. I had to capture that. One more reason to take pictures of the spectators.
Go, Cody!
His games are at 8:30 every Sat. morning. He has to be there @ 7:45! It is about 20 minutes from our house. Getting everyone there is a challenge, and Rick had to do it by himself this week!! We are thankful that the warm weather is hanging on a little longer this year on those early mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment