Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tired Ears













My ears are really tired today. Tired of answering the same questions like "Where's _________ (insert Daddy, Cody, Lauren, Abby, and Sam over and over again)," "Whatcha doin',"and "Can I ride Jeep?" Heaven forbid we see an airplane that then leaves our sight. That could lead to several rounds of "Where did airplane go?"or "_______ ride airplane(insert Isaiah, Laila, Daddy, Cody, and Mommy.)" Then there is the incessant, "Mama" that interrupts phone calls, other people talking to me, and the silence that feels so golden at times. Some times I just want to get through a whole song in the car without an interruption.

Don't get me wrong. So many things about it are beautiful. It is beautiful that I have this little guy in my life who this time last year was only a dream. It is beautiful that only 7 months ago he only knew about 5 English words. It is beautiful that he so effortlessly calls me "Mama."

Some day I will miss this, I am just weary and my ears need a break. Nothing more, nothing less. Naptime is approaching, and I am counting down the minutes. After naptime we are back in the truck and the questions begin all over again!!

4 comments:

  1. I have those same tired ears. Yesterday I said "WHAT?" to Jack after the ten thousandth "mommy? mommy? mommy?" His answer: "Mommy, I forgive you for talking grumpy to me." Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "he so effortlessly calls me Mama"

    that's beautiful.

    p.s. enjoyed cutting ribbon with you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I get tired ears (and I certainly do), I get this awe of the fact that my heavenly father never has tired ears. Wow.

    Love ya,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Patti. I needed that reminder. I talk to God a lot like my kids talk to me, yet He never tires. That is something to praise God for!!

    ReplyDelete