Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Eve in Pictures

Christmas Eve was a big day full of lots of fun and traditions. Here is a sampling of our day:

Our day began with brunch at the Goad's house. It was delicious, especially the biscuits and gravy. Thanks, Ellen, you know my love language!!
Adult table(plus Laila)
Little kids' table
Big kids' table
This was Rick's year off of work, my favorite!! So, we got to go to church together and leave together. Our Christmas Eve traditions are so much more fun when Rick doesn't have to work!!
Don't we look so pretty, boys in their suits, girls in their dresses.
My girls
My guys
After church, while our yummy food is cooking for dinner, the kids open their gifts to each other. Each year, they draw names with each other. They also get to open their ornament from us!! Cody got a Chick-fil-a ornament(one of the only fast foods he can eat), Lauren got a snowman with glasses(since she got glasses this year), Abby got monkeys(her favorite), Sam got a chalkboard with "ABC"on it(since he started school this year), Isaiah got a soccer ball(he loves to play), and Laila got a cute little girl crawling(her first Christmas with us).
Here are the pics of their gift exchange:
Sam got Laila this walker musical toy
Isaiah got Lauren headphones
Laila got Sam a Burger Builder Play-doh set
Abby got Isaiah a soccer ball
Cody got Abby a sock monkey
Lauren got Cody a football and football cards
Our Christmas Eve meal: sausage balls, lil' smokies in biscuits and bacon, cool veggie pizza, fudge, and truffles(really nutritious, I know)
We put Isaiah and Laila down for bedtime. They were exhausted, and we had a serious cookie competition to begin. They were not ready for this one, yet.
Let the Games Begin
Lauren at work
Sam at work
Rick at work(listen, people, this man takes this very seriously)
Abby in action
Cody with his gf dough
Baking the cookies
Cody's entry - A Gogo
Lauren's entry - Isaiah and Laila
Abby's entry - smiley snowman
My entry - Handstitched Homespun Angel(Simple yet classic)
Sam's entry - rainbow angel
And the winner is:
Rick's entry - Larry Boy(We will hear about this all year!)
I do have to say, I voted for his. It was pretty good. Whew! That was Christmas Eve. Now you see why it took me so long to post this. Up next: Christmas Day

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I am LOVING reading about all your activities! I love your funny comments and insights. I just can't say enough. You are truly telling great stories through the photos and blog. Keep up the good work! You have probably thought of this, but it would be great if you could print these out month-to-month (or however often) to document this journaling. I say I'm going to do stuff like that and I don't.

    ReplyDelete