Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ms. Julie - A Godsend

I would like to introduce you to a very important person in our family. This is Ms. Julie. She has been a part of our family since Sam was a baby. Wow!! That has been almost 6 years. As I think back over the big events in our kids' lives, Ms. Julie has been there for many of them. She comes to sports games, school and church performances, Birthday parties, and she has blessed Rick and me with many date nights and getaways. She will actually call me some times and say, "I haven't seen the kids in a while. Don't you and Rick need a date?" Absolutely, Julie, we would be glad to accommodate you in that way!! What a blessing she is.

She has even stayed around with the addition of 2 more children to our family. Some people would run like crazy, change their phone numbers, and keep a very busy schedule to avoid watching 6 children. Not Julie. Whenever she enters our home, the kids buzz with excitement. They all have their own unique ways of interacting with her. Some like to wrestle, some like to play games, they all like to watch movies and eat popcorn with her, and her visits are a potential opportunity for them to have extra treats!!

Even Isaiah and Laila have jumped on the "Ms. Julie bandwagon." They absolutely love her. Isaiah talks about her all the time, and I am convinced if Laila could verbalize it, she would, too. Not a day goes by where Isaiah does not ask to see her. "I ride in Ms. Julie's car"," I go to Ms. Julie's class(she works in his class at MOPS and on Wed. nights), and after finding out that she has a tree today, "I see Ms. Julie's Christmas tree." On Sat. he wanted her to come over so much that he said, "I sick." I asked him what was wrong. His response, "I sick 'cause Ms. Julie's not here." Then, later in the day, when the doorbell rang from a package delivery, Isaiah goes running through the house screaming, "Ms. Julie's home." I am sure that he would gladly share his room with her if she would just move in. Laila shares her cuddles and hugs with her very freely. She feels very safe and loved by Ms. Julie.

In addition to all of this, she is my friend. Her willingness to help me out in a pinch has meant so much to me. She has allowed me to be a part of some of my kids' events at school that I otherwise could not attend without her help. Today, on the spur of the moment, she came over to cheer me on as I made bread for teachers' gifts. When Rick is out of town, she comes over and she watches chick flicks with me that he would rather not see. He really owes her one for watching "Mamma Mia!" That one was a true act of service to me. :)

If you are reading this, Julie, thank you for the blessing that you are to my life and the lives of my kids. Thank you for loving us as a family so tangibly and so often. I could not make it without your help. No words of thanks or appreciation really seem sufficient. You truly are a Godsend, and we thank God for putting you in our lives!!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post for sweet Ms. Julie. Over the years I have developed a deep respect for this wonderful, faithful friend of yours and I only know her through your words of praise. Julie, you are special!!!

    ReplyDelete