Thursday, December 31, 2009

Messy, I mean, Merry Christmas

One of our Christmas traditions is that the kids get matching pajamas for Christmas morning. I realize next year may be the last time I can find them in everyone's sizes to match so I am enjoying this as much as possible. We wear them all day on Christmas day. It is fabulous. Since the kids were young, I have not let them put them on until Christmas morning in fear that someone might mess them up during the night and ruin the beautiful photos for Christmas day. Events occurred this year that confirmed that decision.

We did not wrap any gifts until Christmas Eve night. So, once the kids were finally in bed at 10:00 PM, it was time to get to work. I was exhausted and commented to Rick that we would probably be up until 2:00 AM. He laughed at that idea. As we were getting to the last gifts around 12:30 AM, we heard some noise from above us. Rick rushes upstairs and calls me up immediately. I run upstairs to see Sam throwing up. It was horrible. One of the biggest throw up messes ever. He was covered and his bed was covered. Rick absolutely cannot deal with vomit. I hate it myself and dry heave the whole time I am cleaning it up, but I am able to deal with it better than Rick, so I always get that lovely job. In the process of cleaning, I accidentally left the water on in my bathroom. As a result, the water overflowed from the sink and flooded the floor. Mess #2 to clean up. As I was wrapping up all of my cleaning and getting Sam settled back into a clean bed, he started throwing up again all over his carpet. So, I was trying to clean it up in the dark with a flashlight so that I didn't wake Cody up. It was really bad. Needless to say, we got to bed around 3:00 AM. Now you see why I don't let my kids wear their pajamas to bed on Christmas Eve.

The kids were really sweet to us. They found out in the morning what had happened and did not wake us up until 8:00 AM. That is sacrifice on their part!!
The Coveted Christmas Morning Pajama Picture
Stockings(Isaiah is way too distracted by the gifts to look at the camera)
Precious
Abby's Bitty Twins - Sarah and Caleb
One happy boy and one happy mama
Cody's Star Wars Game
I know, I look rough. I just had to say that I got a lot of chocolate for Christmas. That should last me about a week
Sam's Big Bakugans
Lauren's boots
Christmas Brunch - Country Ham, Biscuits, Garlic Cheese Grits, Eggs, Mandarin Orange Salad, and Chocolate Milk(as you can tell, Sam still wasn't feeling well)
After Brunch, we played for a while with our new fun stuff. Then, it was Christmas Day nap time. Something I had been thinking about since the night before. For Christmas night, we eat Fajitas Fa Jesus. Julie joined us. It was fun to have her participate in this tradition with us.
Fajitas Fa Jesus- Sam was still feeling puny so he didn't join us.
I told you we wear our pajamas all day!!
Julie and Isaiah - special buddies
Laila got 2 binkies for Christmas. She decided to enjoy them both at the same time!!
Christmas was perfect this year. Having Isaiah and Laila with us felt complete. Last year was so hard knowing they were out there, but really knowing nothing about them and if our dream of having them join our family would come true. Now, they are here, we are a family, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment