Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Isaiah, my one-of-a-kind boy!!

There are many amazing things about this little guy. I must record them before they leave my very full mind.

1. Recently, we were talking to him about the country that he came from. Rick asked him if he missed his country. His response, "No." Rick asked him why. His response, "They don't have enough food. Wow! I did not expect to hear that. He was only 2 yrs. 3 mos. old when he joined our family. I wonder what he will remember. I look forward to taking him back some day.

2. Isaiah is obsessed with booties(and I don't mean shoes). Every time he reads a book, he has to look for the animals' booties. He loves to declare that he has "tooted." He is definitely all boy and quite enjoys potty humor. He fits in well around here, actually.

3. When we Rick leaves before us in the morning and there is snow, Isaiah notices the tracks from his Jeep. He is convinced that a train has been in our driveway. It is cute.

4. When changing Isaiah's diaper(Yes, I know. I really need to potty train this kid soon. Maybe over Christmas break, and maybe not.) he is not very fond of the cold wet wipes. I can't say I really blame him especially on the cold single degree temperature mornings we have been having. While I am using the wet wipe, he says over and over, "Low(slow) down a little bit, Mama. Low(slow) down a little bit." It makes me laugh every time.

5. Last night when we were praying, his prayer was, "Dear Jesus, Daddy pray da Lod, Mommy pray da Lod, Saiah pray da Lod, Laila pray da Lod. In Jesus, Amen!!" I sat there the whole time trying to figure out what he was saying. I looked at Rick and he said, "Praise the Lord." Oh, that is what he was saying. It warmed my heart.

6. He loves to listen to music in the truck. He sings so loud and joyfully. It can be quite deafening at times, but it is beautiful. He is very fun. When he needs to talk to me and there is music playing, he will say, "Mama, pause it please." Then when he is finished, "Turn music back on, please." Sometimes it will take us 15 minutes to make it through a 3 minute song with all of the pausing and talking.

7. Isaiah had fun with poop the other day. I guess he woke up from his nap and decided that the poop in his pants would look good as a decoration in his room. So, he began to decorate. It was smeared everywhere, his closet doors, his bed, the carpet, caked on the door knob. His fingers and shirt were covered with dry poop, because once he finished, he crawled back into his bed and went to sleep poop and all. It was delightful. I had so much fun cleaning it up.

That is my boy, right now. He is full of energy, magnetic in personality, and man who knows what he wants. And, yes, I believe he would make a great preacher some day!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Laura! I feel your pain. Brooklyn was a 'poo painter' she did it a handful of times and no amount of spanking or consequences deterred her. Hopefully Isaiah is only a one-time offender :(

    ReplyDelete