Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gingerbread House Makin'

While the little kids were taking their nap on Christmas Eve Eve the big kids put together a Gingerbread House.
Rick helped them construct it with icing
See Lauren's arm in a homemade sling? She hit a pole with it sledding that morning. We thought we were going to have to take her to the ER, but we waited it out and it was okay.
I supervised the decorating, but mostly just let them do what they wanted. My kids love potty and violent humor, and I have to say, I kind of do, too when it is not extreme. So, it wasn't shocking to hear some of the following phrases while the house was being built.
"Hey, we could use fudge for reindeer poop on the ground."
"I am going to put this gumdrop as a siren on the house so when Santa comes, the alarm will sound."
"I think I will put guns on the house, too."
We had snowmen marshmallows. I found many of them in pieces laying around the house.
The really fun part came when they figured out that when they put powdered sugar on the roof and blew on it, that the house looked like it was on fire with smoke coming out. Yes, these are my children. What can I say, but that I was laughing along with them most of the time. We had fun, and I think it turned out pretty cute despite the alarms, guns, and random snowman parts.
The finished product from the front
On the roof, the gumdrops spell "HO"(they are supposed to be Christmas lights). That is the shortest word they could think of that was Christmas related. They only had so many gumdrops.

No comments:

Post a Comment