Wednesday, October 28, 2009

SNOW DAY!!

Today is our first full snow day of the school year. It really could not have come at a better time for me. I have been exhausted and yesterday was an unusually exhausting day. First, of all, I did not sleep hardly at all on Monday night. That is never a good way to start my day. The day consisted of dropping kids off at school, going to Wal-mart(that alone is enough to do me in for the day), going on a field trip with Lauren, coming home and preparing a meal for my family and another family, getting the kids from school, and going to 4 different stores looking for Halloween costumes.(I still have one child without a costume!!) After all of that, we got home, fed the kids, got their homework all checked, put everyone to bed, and then had a dessert to make and a very dirty kitchen to clean(thanks, Rick, for helping with the kitchen). To top it all off, I had the mother of all headaches and because of a medical procedure I have on Thursday, I was not able to take ibuprofen for it. I went to bed last night telling Rick, "I sure hope we have a 2hr. delay tomorrow." Well, we got the whole day off!!

So, today is a lazy morning. I made a big breakfast and hot chocolate for the kids(one of our snow day traditions). We will probably wear our pajamas all day, at least until we go to church tonight. We may even cuddle up with some popcorn and a movie this afternoon when the little ones go down for their nap.


Really everything is such an ordeal around here. It took 11 pictures for me to get this one where they are all looking at the camera. Laila is taking her morning nap and Cody is in his room because all the noise and chaos was driving him crazy!! This is Sam's first snow day from school ever!
"If you smile really well for the camera, I will let you do a crazy picture"

There was not much snow this morning. The reason they cancelled is because this was the beginning of the storm. It is expected to continue snowing until tomorrow.

Our back yard - The kids are dying to go out and play in it. There is just not enough to play in yet.

1 comment: