Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MOPS

I LOVE MOPS. I really do. I have been going since it started at Vanguard about 5 years ago. I love being with other moms. I love having a yummy breakfast. I love winning door prizes(and I do win quite often)! I love hearing the speaker and being challenged. I love speaking into the wives of women who are younger than me(that is pretty much everybody at MOPS because I think I am one of the oldest moms there that is actually participating and not being a mentor mom). This was supposed to be my last year at MOPS but having Isaiah and Laila will buy me several more years, Yay!

Today the speaker was really great. She encouraged us to see the "bend" of each of our children, keep memories alive that represent that "bend," and train them up according to that "bend." Now I have a job to do. I have to capture in words what they are made of right now and continue to do that throughout their lives. Ex. "Boys are made of snakes and snails and puppy dog tails. " What could I say about each of my children right now? I could say that "Laila is made of hugs and kisses and goldfish and stuffed monkeys to love." Those are the things that Laila loves and is into right now. What would I say about my other children? What would you say about your kids? How cool to look back in 2o years and have a statement and a keepsake object to represent each year of the children's lives. It will remind them of who they have been at each stage of life.

We have over 50 women that come together twice a month.

Wendy, Stacy, Heidi, and Jack - some of my table mates

The London Table of Planet MOM
MOPS has been such a blessing to me. Thank you to all the leaders who sacrifice to make it such an enriching experience for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment