Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cuttin' Hair

Taking care of our little Africans' hair can be challenging. Fortunately with boys hair, it is hard to make too many mistakes because it can always go short. Girls are a whole different ballgame. I will save that discussion for another post when Laila has more hair to deal with. Isaiah's head was shaved when we got him. It grew for a while, and then, I took him to a place to get it cut. I was NOT happy with the result. It has had some time to grow out while I tried to figure out what we would do. I delegated the task to Rick. He decided to try it himself. So, he purchased some clippers and took his first shot at cutting his hair. Below you will see the process. Isaiah did great! We did have a small injury that he handled really well and has already recovered from. Do you know how hard it is to cut the hair of a wiggle worm without making a mistake? I was very impressed with the results and proud of Rick for facing the challenge head on. This will save us much money and time over the years.

He is still flashing that million dollar smile

Don't you love our nice makeshift garbage bag cape? Classy!

The handsome boy(see his injury on the his left ear)

Just because the haircut is at home doesn't mean you should miss out on the sucker!!



3 comments:

  1. He looks so handsome - I love the cut! I'm so impressed with Rick for cutting his hair. Scott and I were watching Wanda Sykes stand up comedy this weekend on HBO. There's a part of her routine about entrusting black kiddo's hair to a white mom - hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to see Chris Rock's Good Hair Movie this weekend... looks funny and informative, if irreverant. Here's the website. It includes a link for theaters by state, in case you're interested. PG-13 so not for the family!
    http://www.goodhairmovie.net/site/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see that movie, too. I saw Chris Rock on Oprah last week talking about it. It looks informative, but also really funny from the clips they showed. You will have to let me know what you think about it, Nicole.

    ReplyDelete