Thursday, October 1, 2009

Anniversary Trip

I love the beach!! I see God's amazing creation in everything about the beach. When Rick told me he was taking me to California for our anniversary, I was ecstatic. I had never been before, but had always wanted to go. So, we packed out bags and flew to CA. It was amazing. In the 3 days that we were there, we spent at least 15 hours on the beach. I could have stayed longer. I can't wait to go back. We spent one day at Main Beach in Laguna and one day at Huntington Beach(Surf City, U.S.A.). At Laguna beach, we saw dolphins playing in the water. I really like busy beaches with a lot going on. Huntington had a pier and lots of surfers. Some day, I am going to learn how to do that.

We also rented a convertible. That was a very good decision. We stayed in Dana Point, but did tons of driving around to explore the area. What better way to experience CA than in a convertible.
Rick's artsy photo of our flip flops
Heaven on earth



I could look at palm trees every day of my life. They bring peace to me. They calm me. I have tried to figure out a way to grow one in my back yard. I just don't think it would survive the weather. The day after we returned to CO, it was snowing!! If you know me, you know that was not good for my sanity.

Unfortunately we didn't get a lot of pictures. We were too busy relaxing. We really needed this trip. It came at just the right time. Our kids did great while we were gone. I am so thankful for the people in our lives that made this possible. Thank you for watching our children, thank you for welcoming us back to a clean house and meals for a few days, and thank you for a beautiful place to stay in CA. We will be back!!

1 comment: