Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Precious Prayers

Isaiah and Laila love to pray at our family prayer times. These occur before our meals together and before bedtime. Rick will say, "Who wants to pray?" Isaiah and Laila both always raise their hands and say, "me." It is so cute, especially to see a 16 month old so excited to pray. It is a very practical picture of us teaching them about God in their lives. They are grasping that we go to Him in prayer and seek Him in the things that we do. I love that they are starting to get a glimpse of a relationship with God at such a young age.

Isaiah's prays are growing and developing. A few months ago, we would pray and he would repeat what we would say. Now, he is able to offer his own prayers without our guidance. At mealtimes, he thanks God for our food. Then, you can catch him peeking as he prays for each person. He wants to make sure he doesn't leave anyone out. At bedtime, he prays for good "leep"(sleep) for each member of the family and a good day the next day. He has started ending his prayers by saying, "in Jesus, Amen." It is one of my favorite moments of the day.

Laila's prayers are becoming real prayers. That is amazing to me at her young age. They started a couple of months ago with folded hands and a quick "JeJe"(Jesus). Now, she folds her hands and says, "JeJe, momma, daddy, mumble, mumble, momma, mumble, mumble." It ends with a hearty "Amen" as she throws her hands in the air. It is beautiful to see.

It is my desire to point them to Jesus in every way possible each day. I want them to learn to talk to Him and to hear His voice in their daily lives. I believe God has an amazing plan for these two. I can't wait to see what He does with their lives.

2 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOOOOOVE this post. Jack prayed last night for Lightning McQueen & The King & Chick. I said, "It seems like Cars is a very important part of your life right now, Jack. Jesus always wants to hear what is important to our hearts." And he said, "Jesus, I love Cars. I pray that The King has a mommy and daddy to pray with." I was so moved. Seeing my son develop a relationship with God is by far the most joy I've felt as a parent - I can't imagine what a new depth it has to you that your children have come halfway around the world to know the Lord in your family. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...i want to see them pray too :)

    ReplyDelete