Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Trials of Kindergarten according to Sam

Sam, formerly the baby of the family, started Kindergarten this Fall. I have been excited for him because I felt like it would be good for him with all the adjustments of the last few months. It would put him the category with the big kids rather than the little kids. It will help him "grow up"



The cool thing about Sam is that he is very interactive. He has shared more with me about his day than any of my kids have ever done. Each day he comes home with a new rhyme that he has learned like "Jack and Jill" or "Humpty Dumpty". It is very cute. Now that he has completed 2 weeks of school, he has decided it is not all it is cracked up to be.





Here are his complaints(in his words):

1. Going to the "meeting place" hurts because I have to sit criss cross applesauce. Criss cross applesauce is painful. (The meeting place is an area in their room where they gather for group activities.)



2. Mommy, I just really miss you when I am at school. I am never going to move away from home.



3. I am tired every day. I just yawn the minute I get into the room. Even when I start to work, I yawn.



4. I don't get to use my watercolor set. Today I had to use the teacher's paints in art. (He was very excited when we bought the watercolor set. He is very disappointed that he hasn't gotten to use it yet.)



5. When I put 1 finger up to go to the bathroom, the teacher always puts her hand up to say, "no."



6. We can't even touch our nose even if it itches or we have to go wash our hands. They just think it is germs.



7. Even when my teacher is talking she says, "don't talk Sam." She thinks I am talking when I am really just yawning. That hurts my feelings.



So, as you can see, Kindergarten is tough. Sam says he could really use your prayers.

4 comments:

  1. That is rough! And it made me want to touch my nose and yawn and go to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. And for the most part a pretty good read on his part:) Sounds like he will do amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. man i can REALLY relate to number 3 "even when i start to work, i yawn"

    ReplyDelete