Monday, September 28, 2009

A Risk


I took a risk with dinner on Monday night. I saw this on another blog and realized I had all of these ingredients in my house and it is gluten free. That sounds like a winner, but my family can be picky at times. I decided it was a cheap enough meal to take the risk and it paid off!! They all liked it. I was tempted to change it up a bit, leave out the spaghetti sauce and use smoked sausage instead of hot dogs. Instead I followed it exactly. I did use Nathan's hot dogs because I got them on sale buy 1, get 2 free recently. They are better to me than regular "cheap" hot dogs. This person has more videos on youtube that I plan to check out. I am always looking for cheap, easy, quick meals that my family will eat. The fact that it is gluten free is an extra bonus.

My kids asked what I was making for dinner and I told them, "Poor Man's Meal." While we were eating dinner, they kept asking me, "Does this mean we are poor now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment