Tuesday, September 8, 2009

FRUSTRATION!!!!!

I am so frustrated right now. I find myself in this state quite often these days. I think I need to vent a bit and completely understand if some of you don't desire to read this post. Writing is becoming therapeutic for me. So, here it goes.

I approach every day with a list and an idea of what I hope to get done. Believe me, the expectations and even the list have gotten shorter and shorter with each kid. I feel like my expectations are pretty reasonable right now, but I still NEVER seem to meet them. Today is the perfect example.

I had hopes to run a few errands this morning, to get home in time to put everything away and maybe switch out a load of laundry before picking up Sam at school. Then my plan was to set aside the whole afternoon to work on kids' clothes. It is that time of year when I need to put away clothes that are too small, and get out the bigger ones. This is very important with multiple children. I save their clothes and reuse them with the younger siblings. This is one way I save money for our family. Let me tell you, with 6 of them it is quite the task. It can take me 2 weeks to complete. That doesn't count the clothing organizing we just did with school uniforms (which, by the way, has doubled my laundry!!).

So, it is now 12:30. Here is what my morning has been like. I dropped everyone off, shopped at 2 grocery stores for the sales this week and went to get some bloodwork done. While waiting at the lab(I had to wait for an hour with Isaiah and Laila in a tiny, crowded waiting room. If you know Isaiah, he is loud. I have accepted this about him, but it can be frustrating at times. I probably asked him to use his quiet voice at least 100 times during that hour.) While we were waiting at the lab, I got a call from Lauren at school saying she left her glasses at home this morning. I told her I would bring them when I picked Sam up from Kindergarten. So, I go there early, unloaded the little ones, ran the glasses in, loaded them back up and got in the carpool line. While I was in the carpool line, I got another call from the school saying Abby was sick. So, I got out of the carpool line, parked and went in to get her. I had to drag Isaiah and Laila all over the school because she wasn't at the nurse's station or in her class. She was at lunch. All the while, Isaiah has decided he wants to run through the halls, which is a big no-no at our school. So, I am dragging him down the hall screaming because he doesn't want to hold my hand. Eventually I end up carrying both he and Laila which are a combined total of 60lbs.

After getting Abby, I get Sam who is the last one in his class waiting for me. I call the dr. office on the way home and they say they need to see her today. So, I have to rush home and get everyone fed so we can be at the dr. office by 1:30. They are "fitting us in" for our appt. so I suspect we will be there until time to then drive across town again to pick the other two up from school.

I look at my day and I still haven't gotten to the clothes that need to be organized. If you see my kids wearing shorts in November, you will know why.

If you are still reading this, you are really patient. This is how all of my days feel lately. I have to remind myself that I stay home in order to be with my kids. I just feel like I can't get ahead and am always coming up for breaths just to sink again. I chose this, and I don't regret it. I just need God to help me cope with it and give me the wisdom to do the things that need to be done and accept it when things don't get done. Can I get an "amen"?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Laura. I feel for you girl. I know exactly what you're talking about, just not to the extent. Wyatt is really loud right now and doesn't want to hold my hand and throws a fit about it. Sit quietly? Maybe for 15 seconds, if I'm lucky. I've have him with me for everything, including my first PTO meeting. Not my preference! But people understand--they're kids! This sounds like one of your "when it rains it pours" days, even though I gather they've been often! Dealing with sickness off and on with that many kids will be trying. I don't know how you keep everything straight. I shop a couple stores for the sales, too--proud of you for watching that. Again, I appreciate you venting because I can relate and it makes me smile...because I know it's a blessing in disguise on the hard days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely Amen that Laura! You have described many of my days. . . and many times I have asked God, "Really, you think I can handle THIS??" I will remember you in prayer on those days that I am also struggling to come up for air. You are an amazing woman and mother and God is so pleased with you! Keep up the good work!!

    Blessings on all you are sowing,
    Cheri O.

    ReplyDelete