Friday, September 25, 2009

Baking Cookies

The hinges on my oven door were bent causing the door not to close properly. As a result, a lot of heat would escape when I would turn it on. Rick ordered new hinges and fixed it today!! Yay, Ricky!!



I really love to cook. When I have thought about what I might have done if I didn't go into ministry and pursue my studies in that direction, the two things that come to mind are something in the medical field, or culinary school. The problem is that I get so overwhelmed by all of the other things that I have to do each day that by the time I am supposed to be cooking, I do not have the desire. It also doesn't help that at that time of day, our house is a madhouse. The kids have just arrived home from school, everyone is hungry, homework must be done, and Laila and Isaiah are very needy.



I haven't cooked much in the last year. Between Cody's Celiac diagnosis and the changes that brought to the cooking arena, going through the adoption process, and the adjustments of adding Isaiah and Laila to our family, this area has suffered. It has made me sad at times. I miss it, but just don't feel that I have the energy to fully embrace it again. It has been a huge blessing that we have received so many meals from our church community since we brought Isaiah and Laila home. We would not have survived without those.



I was looking at a blog and saw a recipe for some yummy chocolate cookies. You can find this recipe at http://www.owlhaven.net/. They looked really good, and the new oven hinges motivated me to bake them. I even made a gluten free batch for Cody to have, too. I had so much fun. It was relaxing, and I watched Biggest Loser while I did it. (I love watching TV while I cook.) Maybe this is the beginning of more yummy food for the Clapp fam.


Cookies baking in my oven with a door that closes!!


The finished product
I do have to warn you, these cookies have 4 sticks of butter in them. They don't have eggs so if you are allergic to eggs, you should try them. The way I look at it, if you are going to eat a cookie, you shouldn't really worry about the calories, just enjoy it. The dough tastes really good, too!!

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog through my AWESOME neighbor friend Mandy's blog...funny how that works isn't it?

    I have become re-inspired to cook by watching the Emeril Green show on the Planet Green channel (I just record a bunch of episodes & watch them at night in bed before I go to bed-that's really the only time I have to watch TV). His recipes are simple & easy to make and delicious. You can watch the video version of his t.v. shows online if you don't get the Planet Green channel. It might be something worth checking out for you and your family. Good luck!

    How you do it I'll never know! I only have one child and I have the HARDEST time keeping anything clean, doing laundry, cooking dinner, working & taking care of her and the hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete