Friday, September 25, 2009

Baking Gluten Free "Cookies"?

So, the gluten free version of the cookie recipe didn't turn out as well. I only replaced the regular flour with a gf flour. I haven't done much gf baking up to this point. Can anyone tell me if I was supposed to adjust other parts of the recipe to compensate for the gf flour substitution?



The cookies were really flat when they baked.



Then, when I tried to get them off the cookie sheet, they fell apart. So, here is the final product, a pile of cookie pieces.
Cody said they taste great. At least they weren't a total waste. They just don't look very pretty. His response, "A lot of foods that look perfect don't really taste very good." Thanks for the encouragement, Cody. I will keep trying.

2 comments:

  1. you are a good mom laura clapp....a good mom indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the gf subs, but parchment paper is your friend! Seriously, it's a baking life saver.

    ReplyDelete