We had church at 9:00.
50 people over to our house for a BBQ from 1:00-3:00. The forecast for the weather went from a high of 70 a few days ago to a high in the low 40s. We woke up to snowflakes and I am not sure if it ever really got warmer than 40 degrees!
Everyone was so amazing and just took it in stride. Let's just say we were really cozy in our house!! Thankfully, kids don't care how cold it is so they just played outside anyway.
About an hour after everyone left and things settled down, we headed to Life Group. It was our turn to provide the meal. That lasted from 5:00-10:00!
I have to say, despite the craziness of it, it was a good day. I was tired, but it was a good tired.
Today, I am making 20 loaves of bread. I know that is a lot, and I am sure I will be tired when it is over, but I am thankful. Each loaf represents money towards our Swazi trip!! Yay!!
We are 25 days away from leaving for Swaziland!!
Between now and then, I have to do the following:
1. Get the kids finished up with their school year and all that involves(field trips, teacher gifts, parties, special days, etc.)
2. Go through the supplies we have collected for Swaziland to see what we still need. Shop for needed supplies for the ministry of our trip. Pack all of our supplies into 18 supply bags!!(Thankfully, we have a team that will help with this.)
3. Get 8 people packed to go on a trip cross country.
4. Get 4 people shopped for and packed for a trip across the world.
5. Get haircuts for everyone in our house.
6. Take out Laila's braids and have them redone.
7. Make sure the Swazi team is ready to go.
All of this is in addition to all of my regular duties. I am pretty sure I am forgetting some things. I feel tired just typing it!!