Friday, May 27, 2011

Glimpses of Sweetness

I realize my last post was pretty negative.

I will say just writing it brought some relief to my spirit.

Thanks for sticking with me through the no-so-pretty expressions of life that I share.

We are in full "Paper Plate" mode around here. (I have threatened the children with, "if you use a real plate, you will have to clean it!")

You remember those Mother's Day coupons and the organizer I got from Lauren and Abby. Well, yesterday, I thought, "Maybe I should use some of those coupons to help me out right now." Lauren then proceeded to tell me that they had expired. I reminded her there was no expiration date on them. She obviously doesn't realize that it is not wise to mess with me in my current state of mind.

My life right now is contained in one little notebook. Pray that I don't lose that thing. Planning a trip to Africa for 19 people is quite the task to accomplish!!

I wanted to share the sweetest moment of my week. To finish out first grade, Sam's class did "Camp Learned-A-Lot" to review and celebrate all that they have learned. Rick and I sent in cards for him to receive as "mail" at camp. He also wrote us a letter from camp. I had to share it. It really melted my heart in a way that only Sam can do:

Dear Mom and Dad,
I love camp learned a lot. I miss you so much and I love you with all my heart. I almost killed myself by stepping in the fire. I wouldn't trade anything for you. You never let me down.
Love,
Sam

That little note is what has gotten me through this week. Sam has such a sensitive spirit. He has struggled greatly with his place in our family. I feel like I let him down a lot. It was so encouraging to see in the midst of all of my mistakes that he is being impacted. I love that little guy so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment