Saturday, May 21, 2011

Another Full Day

I slept until 9:30 today. I sat on the porch again this morning. The weather was absolutely beautiful.

Being able to get up and get ready slowly are really so nice. Only having to get myself ready is really so nice. I took a nap this afternoon, heavenly. I have been eating out a lot, one of my favorites. We have done lots of bargain shopping, love it! I read for at least 2 hours, without interruptions.

Even though it is nice, too much of this, for too long, without my family, and I would be bored. I love my children. I miss my hubby. I will be glad to see them again. I love the break. BUT, I also realize that I have a calling and when I am not a part of it, I realize how thankful I am for it.

We all need that at times, don't we? A break from our normal lives. Even when we are right where God wants us to be and living the calling God has placed on us, there comes a time when a change of scenery is just what we need to regroup and jump back into that calling.

How can my kids drive me so crazy sometimes, but I love them so deeply!? Even as I have this time away, I miss them. I think of how they would enjoy what I am doing or how much that friend that I have just seen should meet them. You see, they are a part of me. When someone asks about me and my life, I can't help but tell all about them.

I spoke to the kids on the phone today. They seem to be doing just fine, which is how I would have it. I did tell Rick that he shouldn't be too nice to them so that they miss me and are thankful when I return! My mom and I were out shopping when we talked on the phone. Isaiah could not understand why he could not talk to his Papa. He kept saying, "just take the phone to him." I said, "he is not shopping with us." He did not grasp the concept that I could be here and not with Papa the whole time.
Speaking of Papa, he planted his garden today.
I sure wish I was going to be around to eat some of those yummy veggies!
This is Papa's new ride.
It is so green here. In CO, the trees are just starting to grow their leaves. Not here, they are all full and lush and green!!
The view from my parents' back porch
Now you know why I like to sit on the porch.
I arrive home tomorrow night. I won't see the kids until Monday morning when I jump right back into the routine with both feet, not much of a transition. I am so glad they only have 2 1/2 days of school left!!

We will have only 18 days before we take our team to Africa. Wow!! That is coming soon. Thankfully, it is all coming together.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs, Laura! I really wish your family lived closer sometimes! :). I'm actually going to Sudan on a mission trip with my church this summer - I cannot wait, but I'm afraid I won't want to come back... I already want to adopt! :). Anyway, I'm excited to read about your trip coming up!
    ~Erin Larsen

    ReplyDelete