Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mama

Today I flew to KY to spend the weekend with my family for my mom's 60th bday. I love traveling and the opportunity for a weekend away to relax and enjoy the time with mom was a welcomed break.

I had an hour layover in Dallas. Just knowing that I was in TX even if I couldn't leave the airport and visit friends made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

The kids sent artwork they had made for their Grammy's bday. They are all counting down the days until they get to come visit.

Tonight my dad, brother, sister-in-law, mom and I went out to dinner to celebrate.
Little Taste of Texas Restaurant
We had a bloomin' onion, oh yes, we did.
I drank some sweet tea, oh yes, I did.
We ended the night with a blizzard cake!
The weekend holds lots of fun!! Lunch with friends, pedicures, shopping, homegrown vegetables, more sweet tea, sleeping in, and very little that HAS to be done.

Right now it is only 7:30 for my body, but I feel like it is midnight. I think I will turn in for an early bedtime with a good book to get me ready to sleep. Getting up at 5:00 this morning may be part of the reason I feel like I am about to collapse. Having a crazy life every day might be the rest of it.

Happy Birthday, Mama!! I hope it is your best one yet and you feel as special and loved as you really are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment