Sunday, December 26, 2010

Oasis

Monday of this week was a hard day for me. I had to take Lauren to the dr. office. That is never fun. She had strep for the 5th time this year. We may have a minor surgery in her future.

All the while, Isaiah was throwing up pretty non-stop all morning. He could not keep anything down for even a few minutes. Not allowing him to eat triggered something in him from his past. He was violent, yelling at me, throwing things at me, asking me why I wouldn't let him have food. No amount of explaining would calm him down. I was exhausted.

I had the opportunity for a time of refreshment in the midst of my desert of a day, an oasis of friends. My friend, Jan, was in town. She has been teaching in Qatar for the last 6 months. It was so good to see her. A lot has changed in both of our lives since we had our last little time together at Subway in June. We both share a love for Swaziland. It was so good to see her. I love seeing her live out what God has called her to even in the midst of the struggles and hardships that are involved.
I am praying for you, Jan!
We met at Montagues for some tea.
When I look at this group of women, I think about the impact they have each had on my life. They have truly ministered to me in so many ways and this day was no exception. They are each living in a different phase of life than me. They offer me wisdom, perspective, and encouragement. It really was just what I needed.
Love you, Laura, Sue, and Jan
I am reminded in the midst of all that has happened in the last 3 months of my life, that God is in control. Lord, give me that perspective throughout my day. Thank you for this reminder of your Hand in my life through each of these women.

No comments:

Post a Comment