Thursday, December 16, 2010

MOPs Christmas

I love MOPs!! I have been a part of a MOPs group for at least 5 years. I just love being around other moms who have little ones. When I first started, it was all about not feeling alone in my stage of life. The food was good, too!!

As I have gotten older, I am probably the oldest woman in MOPs with kids as young as mine. I am the "old fogey" of the group. The big joke is that I will keep adopting kids whenever my youngest gets in Kindergarten so I don't have to "graduate" out of MOPs.

Now that I am older, I love being around moms with little ones and having the opportunity to pour into them. With older kids, I have a perspective that they can't grasp in the midst of their "preschoolers-only world." I love being with these women. I love leading a group. Can you tell that I feel strongly about MOPS?

We had our annual Christmas Tea last week. It was so nice. Here is our table all decorated thanks to our mentor mom, Linda:
Some of the Picasso Group that I co-lead
This week, the Mentor Moms hosted a Christmas party for the leadership team. We had appetizers, desserts, and yummy drinks. We also did a white elephant gift exchange and shared our favorite Christmas memory.
Love these ladies!!
Angelina created a reindeer out of these magnets.
It really did look like one even though you can't see it too well in the picture.
Merry Christmas!
Somehow, I got away from there without getting pictures of everyone. I did have on more pic, but it wasn't very flattering. You can thank me later, Carrie, Cori, and Jalene. You were all making weird faces in it, but not on purpose.

It was a fun night. I am so thankful to have these women and this small group in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment