Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hour of Isolation

I received this devotion in an email from a friend/mentor in my life yesterday.

It described exactly where I am and what I have been feeling.

I haven't been able to put it into words.

When she read this, the Lord brought me to her mind.

Just the fact that God did that shows me that He is still caring for me in the midst of this "isolation" that I am feeling.

I don't know what He is doing. I don't know why He is doing it. I just know that He is doing something that I don't understand, and I am desperately seeking Him in this time.

I share this for two reasons:
-First, I suspect I am not the only person feeling this right now. What I have to say to you is that no matter how alone you feel, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!
-Secondly, I am asking for your prayers for me as I battle in this time of isolation.

THE HOUR OF ISOLATION

I know what it is like to face divine silence, not to hear
God’s voice for a
season. I have walked through periods of total confusion
with no apparent
guidance, the still small voice behind me completely
silent. There were times
when I had no friend nearby to satisfy my heart with a word
of advice. All my
patterns of guidance from before had gone awry, and I was
left in total
darkness. I could not see my way, and I made mistake after
mistake. I wanted to
say, “O God, what has happened? I don’t know which way
to go!”

Does God really hide his face from those he loves? Isn’t
it possible he lifts
his hand for a short while to teach us trust and
dependence? The Bible answers
clearly: “God left him [Hezekiah], to try him, that he
might know all that
was in his heart” (2 Chronicles 32:31).

You may be going through a flood of trials right now. You
know what I’m
talking about when I say the heavens are as brass. You know
all about repeated
failures. You’ve waited and waited for answers to prayer.
You’ve been
served a cup of affliction. Nothing and nobody can touch
that need in your
heart!

That’s the time to take your stand! You don’t have to
be able to laugh or
rejoice, because you may not have any happiness at the
moment. In fact, you may
have nothing but turmoil in your soul. But you can know God
is still with you,
because Scripture says, “The Lord sitteth upon the flood;
yea, the Lord
sitteth King for ever” (Psalm 29:10).

Soon you will hear His voice: Don’t get excited, don’t
panic. Just keep
your eyes on me. Commit all things to me. And you will know
that you remain the
object of his incredible love.
- David Wilkerson

No comments:

Post a Comment