Friday, July 22, 2011

Sadness In My Heart

My heart is grieving today over the life a little boy that I never met, but feel like I knew.

This little guy was in Swaziland at Thulwane carepoint.

Even though we never met, I have met, held, and played with many children just like him.

This could be any of their stories.

While it makes me furious that this evil could happen to an innocent child, it fuels the fire in me to keep working, keep raising awareness, keep pushing into the calling that God has placed on our family in Swaziland.

There is so much work to be done and it is our hope that Beyond Survival can be a conduit for that work.

I am in tears as I type this.

I have hope in the fact that this little guy knew love.

He experienced it at the carepoint over and over again.

I have hope in the fact that he heard about Jesus.

He was taught about him over and over again.

I have hope in the fact that he is in the arms of Jesus, safe and sound, never to be hurt again.

I pray for his family that loved him and now mourns this loss.

Here are the blog posts of this story from the people on the ground. They were there. They have experienced it first hand. Read this story and let it pierce your heart.

Allow God to use it to stir in you any calling He has placed on your life to help children like these.

It may not be in Swaziland. I am not naive enough to think that this only happens there. It is happening all over the world.

If God does stir in you a heart to make a difference, join us as we fight for these children.

We will fight for a better life for them. We will fight to take them Beyond Survival.

2 comments:

  1. Laura, this is tragic and so sad. This world is so messed up. I pray God will pour out hope on people like this so things like this won't happen anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so heartbroken about this too. Such an injustice! I sat on my couch and cried and cried... Sometimes I get so caught up in the HOPE that is in Swaziland, and what could be (and WILL be there someday) that I forget just how dark it is. Praying that as we all work together for these precious kids, they will be rescued from the darkness!

    ReplyDelete