Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Funny Kids

My kids crack me up sometimes.

~When we were in KY, Laila would take her naps in my mom's bedroom. On the first day, she was freaking out crying saying, "I'm scared of Mudda. She is so mean." I could not figure out what she was talking about. Then, we realized that she was afraid of this doll that was my mom's when she was little. She thought it looked like "Mother" from Tangled. We laughed so hard when we figured out what she meant. Needless to say, "Mudda" was removed immediately from the room, and Laila slept soundly.
The really funny thing is that "Janie"(the name my mom had given the doll when she was little) creeped me out when I was a kid, too. I would not go in the bedroom at my grandmother's house where Janie was kept.

~One night at dinner, while in KY, my brother, Brian and sister-in-law, Ashley were talking about their garden. I asked what they were growing. One of the items was okra. A few days later, Lauren said to me, "Mom, did you know that Uncle Brian is growing Oprah in his garden." If he was able to do that, he could make a ton of money!! I had to explain to her what okra was.

~Isaiah was having a particularly hard time with obedience yesterday. Finally, last night I asked him, "Isaiah, when are you going to start choosing to obey?" He paused and said, emphatically, "Monday." I had to keep from smiling. I responded, "Okay, that gives me two more days to get through."

Laila got a "Tangled" wig for her bday. Here she is showing it off with her trademark "booty slap." She has to wear this each time she watches the movie.

1 comment: