Monday, July 25, 2011

Eat Mor Chikin

On Friday, Rick and I took Laila out for her bday date. She chose Chick-fil-a. On the way there, she was so quiet and reserved. She even said once, "I want my budders(brothers) and sissers(sisters) to go. At one point she said she didn't want to go. I was thinking, "Chick, you are going to be lost when they all leave home and you are left with us old fogeys."

I distracted her by asking what she wanted to drink with her meal. She proudly exclaimed, "Dr. Pepper."

When we arrived, Rick was waiting to walk us in. She was VERY excited to see him and gave him her usual greeting (while squooshing his face), "I have poopy pants." I am not sure how that one started, but it is a thing the two of them do.

I went to order the food and left them at the table to talk. We don't get to see him very often during the day, so it is a treat!! She loosened up really quick and realized that being alone with Mommy and Daddy wasn't so bad after all.
At one point, she lifted her hands in the air and said, "I love this place!" It was so cute.
She wanted to share her fries with her Daddy. We asked if she wanted to trade her book in for ice cream. Her response, "No, Fank(thank) you."

I asked her lots of questions. Here are some of her responses:
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite food: Pizza
Favorite movie: Tangled(that was a no-brainer)
Favorite toy: Princess Tianna doll

I so love these times that we have one-on-one with the kids. It really brings their personalities out in a different way when they don't have their siblings around.

After lunch, she and I did a little shopping. It was sweet to hang out with her!!

1 comment:

  1. What a CUTIE! And a great choice of Birthday meals...it doesn't get much better than Chick-Fil-A! Not having one in Michigan is such a sad thing!

    ReplyDelete