Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lollipop Turns 11

On July 1st, Lauren celebrated her 11th Birthday. We actually had 2 days of celebration since her dad had to work that day. Our "policy" on bdays is to do a friend party every other year so this was Lauren's year to have a family party.

Her breakfast request was rainbow pancakes. She and Cody helped me make them.


We decided to try something new and make them swirly
They turned out really cool.
We met Rick for lunch at Lauren's favorite: Panda Express
Fraps at Starbucks for dessert
Our girl

She wanted an ice cream cake so I gave it a try. It was so easy and she loved it!! She picked "Dessert Trio" flavor of Blue Bell. I put it in a round cake pan with Saran wrap so it would come out easy. We baked a white cake and added blue food coloring in another round cake pan. I then layered the ice cream and cake and covered it with Cool Whip. It was a huge hit. Everyone loved it, and it was way cheaper than Baskin Robbins!! My decorating skills are lacking so I didn't even attempt to decorate it, but she didn't seem to care.
We continued our celebration on Saturday by going to Pirate's Cove in Denver.
The weather was great!! We had a blast!! I would go to this place several times a week if we lived closer. Oh, how I wish Colorado Springs had something like this!!








We ended the day by stopping at McDonalds to use our BOGO coupons for smoothies. It was the perfect cool treat to end a day out in the sun.

Lauren,
I can't believe how much you have matured over the last year. Seeing you in action in Africa was such a treat for me. You were a rockstar!! I love that you loved those kids so well. I don't know many 11 year olds who would jump in and participate so freely like you did. God used you greatly and has so much more yet to come in your life. You are so giving and tenderhearted. You are learning to be your own person and stand up for yourself when you have an opinion. I pray that for you as you grow and mature.

Your Swazi name, Thulile, meaning "peaceful," represents your spirit perfectly. You are kind, giving, and affectionate. Your laugh makes me smile. I have loved seeing your enjoyment of cooking come out in the last year. You are such a helper around our house and with the little ones.

I am excited for you as you go into 5th grade. I pray that God places friends in your life that encourage your heart and challenge you in your walk with him. Seek Him for your value! You are precious and chosen. Don't ever forget that or let the world convince you otherwise. Happy 11th Birthday, my sweet girl!
Love you,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. 2 kids climbing in the double digits! They are certainly growing up. Happy birthday to sweet Lolli and hugs to the Clapp family :)

    ReplyDelete