Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hollywood

On Wed., we headed to Hollywood. With the amount of drama that goes on in our family, I knew we would fit in nicely in that environment!! We got to experience lovely, LA traffic. That is something we wouldn't want to have to deal with every day.
The crew
Welcome to Hollywood
We walked up and down Hollywood Blvd. to take a look at some of the stars. We found a few that the kids were excited to see. I like being outside Grauman's Chinese Theater and seeing the handprints and footprints of many stars. I remember watching an episode of "I Love Lucy" as a kid and seeing them in that location.
Shrek and Sam and Isaiah had a little altercation.
The boardwalk at Santa Monica
We found this too late in the day to get out and walk it, but it brought back some memories for Rick of when he lived in CA as a senior in high school.
We drove to Venice Beach and Malibu as well. We didn't get to fully take the beaches all in, but we can say that we have been to them.
Rodeo Drive was just like it looked in the movies. It was worth seeing, but not somewhere I would want to add to my shopping trips. It felt uncomfortable and a bit stuffy to me.
We drove around Beverly Hills for awhile as well. It was pretty.
The day wouldn't be complete without a picture of my favorite type of palm tree. I just love these trees!!
We ended the day with some In N Out Burger, a staple to the CA diet. It was delicious. We arrived home late into the night and all collapsed into our beds!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! We are pretty sure that we are going to drive out to California next year and do many of the things and see many of the places you guys are seeing. I am trying to keep track of where you have all gone. Have you posted all the places on your blog? I do want to revisit and take the kids to Santa Cruz because I did a Campus Crusade missions trip one year and I have to show them where I worked on the board walk. Did you guys go up and down the coast. We are thinking two weeks would be good. It has been so fun to read about your adventures and your kids will have these wonderful, precious memories for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete