Monday, June 21, 2010

Father, Husband, Leader, Friend

I was concerned about making Fathers' Day special since we are on vacation. In preparation for this trip, I completely forgot to "plan" for Fathers' Day. I didn't bring Rick's "Daddy Journal" for us to present to him as we do each year. I didn't take the kids shopping as I usually do. Even though we could celebrate when we return to CO, I just couldn't let the day pass without doing some special things for my man.

The kids and I got up early and made him breakfast and pictures and notes. His breakfast was French Toast(his favorite), bacon(another fave), cantaloupe, orange juice, and coffee. We served him breakfast in bed while he watched World Cup soccer.
The Feast
The kids anxiously waiting to enter his room to shower him with love.
Happy Fathers' Day, Daddy!!
Our day was filled with fun!! We went to church. That was a nice refreshing addition to our vacation. We enjoyed worshipping with other believers that we have been getting to know over the years through our involvement in Swaziland. The afternoon was filled with a fabulous nap. Then it was back to the beach for some evening sand and water play. The day ended with a yummy meal at a Mexican restaurant. We had such a great day!!

Since we were all dressed up, we wanted to get some pictures on the beach. We did a couple of photo sessions. I will share many more pictures from those later. Here is the best family pic we got. Unfortunately, there are several things I would change about it, but you got to take what you can get when there are 8 people involved!!
This is one of my favorite pictures from the day. You have to look closely at Laila and Sam. She is not happy and is taking out her rage by pulling Sam's hair. I chuckle every time I look at it. These are the kind of pictures you never see in the Christmas cards! We have lots of those.
Rick, I can't even begin to describe how much I love you and how much I know your kids love you. I think of how we parent together, and I know their lives would be so incomplete without you and the love that you give them. We make a great team!! You have taught me what grace is all about. You remind us every day of who we are in Christ. You center me as I seek to live my calling. Your voice and presence brings peace and relief into my life. You are also an example of what it means to be a father to the fatherless. You invest your life in the work of God in Swaziland. I know that many children's lives have been changed because of you. I love you for that. I am proud of you for that. Your heart is so precious to me. I look forward to parenting with you many more years and seeing how God uses you as His instrument of grace and love in my life, the lives of our kids and in people around the world!
Love ya,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment