Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blizzard Beach

Monday, we spent the day at the beach in Oceanside. We affectionately like to call this beach "Blizzard Beach" because there is a Dairy Queen right there!! If you have read this blog for any length of time, you already know my deep affection for Blizzards, especially French Silk Pie Blizzards. Add a Blizzard to my beach experience, and I just might think I am truly in heaven.

Laila was wiped out this day and spent much of her beach experience resting.
Here she is laying on the blanket next to her daddy.
Here we are cuddling together.
The wind was strong this day, and I felt a bit chilled. I spent most of the time covered in towels. There was a playground on the beach so I took the 4 younger kids there to play for a while. It was much warmer.

This beach had lots of black sand mixed in with the white and brown. I didn't care for that, but loved everything else about it. We also really loved the town. It was a cozy beach town.
Isaiah and Abby can usually be found playing in the sand!!
The time was made complete by our trip to Dairy Queen. Blizzards anyone?
At one point on the way home, I realized it was unusually quiet in our truck. I asked Rick to look back and see how many were out. The kids were so exhausted that everyone but Abby fell asleep on the way home. Here are some pics of what we saw when we turned around to look:



Another great day at the beach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment