Thursday, May 20, 2010

You know it's time...

...to shave when you 3 year old son says, "Mom, how you got whiskers on you legs? Did Daddy give them to you?" (Because he knows that Daddy has whiskers on his face.) My life has become so busy that I have to schedule in a chance to shave. Isn't that pitiful?

Isaiah and Laila are so funny these days. I just have to record some of their cuteness so that I never forget it.

I think I have probably shared that boundaries are an issue around here. Isaiah really does not understand what is and is not appropriate. Here are a couple of examples:

1. He will go up to random people at the grocery store and pat them on the butt. It is always fun having to apologize and then having him apologize to the person.

2. Earlier this week, while we were out, he saw a man that he didn't know. He said to him, "Hi, Mr. Pooper." Yes, another proud moment for me.

- Isaiah likes to listen to VeggieTales and The Chipmunks in the car. No matter what music we are listening to, he will always say, "Is this my song?"

- Another thing he will do in the car is say, "Please pause the music. I have a question for you." Then he will say to me, "Mommy, God loves you very much. God has a plan for you life."

- Isaiah hates going to bed. I think he is afraid that he is going to miss out on something if he goes to sleep. Every time he has to go to bed, he cries his way up the stairs to his room. We affectionately call this time, "The Trail of Tears." Thankfully, he sleeps great, he is just not happy about it.

- Laila has become quite the little singer. She sings all the time. Even if you can't understand the words she is saying, you can hear the tune of the song and recognize it. It is so cute.

- When I walk into their room in the morning, Laila always sits up in her bed and says happily, "Hi, Mama." She will say "bye-bye" to her blanket and her "noni"(pacifier). Then, she kisses her "noni" 3 times.

- They both still love to watch Little Einsteins. They both LOVE to play outside. I think they will have lots of fun this summer. I am really looking forward to taking our whole family to the beach this summer. That should be quite the adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh Laura, these things make me smile!! I feel like I get a glimpse into your life and exactly how somethings go. I love that Isaiah tell you how much God loves you. What a blessing. Sorry to hear about all the house showing woes. I remember how frustrated we'd be when we'd find out a showing was canceled. And that was just with 3 kids. Hang in there. I know things will improve shortly when summer break is officially here. You're doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete