Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Really, Really Weary

I knew May would be hard.

I knew I would not have much rest.

I knew it would take every ounce of energy I could muster to survive.

Today is one of those days where I feel "done."

Everything in me wants to go into my bedroom, close and lock the door, crawl under the covers, and pretend like no one else exists in my world.

That is not going to happen. It can't happen. There is still too much to do.

How do I keep going? Something has to give or my sanity will.

The two little ones are down for their nap. This is supposed to be my "alone time" of the day(honestly, I can't remember the last time I actually had my real "alone time" without something taking over.).

I don't even have the energy to prepare something to eat for my lunch.

Instead of relaxing a bit, I have to make sure that Sam gets his schoolwork done. We have to prepare a snack for his class tomorrow. I need to sit down with him and engage him as I look through the artwork he brought home from his first year of school.

I have 2 1/2 hours before we have to leave and pick up the big kids from school. Then, a whole new chaos enters my life.

I know I am complaining. I know I chose this life.

But, I also know I am not the only mom feeling this way right now.

So, I am choosing to be honest about how I am feeling, hoping that someone will resonate with my emotions and struggle.

Even though we struggle, we are not alone. Many moms are dealing with these exact same feelings.

Many moms are saying in their hearts, "what was I thinking when I committed to this? "This" looks different in all of our lives, but the emotions are the same.

So, I am going to see if I can find 5 minutes to regroup. 5 minutes to breathe in and out and remind myself of all of my blessings. 5 minutes to close my eyes and do absolutely nothing!!

Can someone please bring me some Oreo Cakesters, cookie dough, or a French Silk Pie Blizzard? I am sure that would make all the difference in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment