Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I Did It!!

I went the Y today and exercised!!

Honestly, I haven't officially exercised in over a year.

Between Isaiah and Laila's adoption process, our family's adjustment process, and my sickness, it was just more than I could handle.

That being said, there are some days where I feel like the work of living my life is a workout.

Every evil force in the universe was fighting against me going today. It was a mental battle that I almost lost.

I had plenty of reasons not to go.

This small victory is something that I needed.

I didn't love the class that I went to, but it was a start. Going for the first time for me is always the hardest.

Isaiah and Laila did beautifully in Child Watch. That, too, my friends, is a victory.

Now, I am so exhausted I think I need to collapse for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Laura!! Um, I haven't exercised formally in about 6 years, so I've got you beat bigtime! :) Keep me in the loop as to what classes you go to and stuff IF a plan works out (it's easier said than done to get to classes and have your kids cooperate and all that!). Cuz then maybe I could meet you for a class sometime! Which one did you go to? Even just going once IS a victory. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete