Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ketchup Snob

I admit it. I am a ketchup snob.

Only Heinz Ketchup for me and my family.

As you may know, the good old regular Heinz Ketchup has High Fructose Corn Syrup in it!! UGH!!

We had a big bottle that we were finishing. I was dreading the day it ran out because I just didn't want to say goodbye to the yummy ketchup.

Meanwhile, I bought a bottle of Private Selection Organic Ketchup. (I realize that Heinz makes an organic ketchup without HFCS, but I have been having trouble finding it.)

Today is the big day. We opened the new bottle. I didn't tell the kids. I wanted them to eat it without knowing to see if they noticed the difference. Guess what? It tastes good!!! I like it and apparently they do too. No one has complained at lunch today. In fact, they asked for more.

I really love it when this healthy thing turns out good.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya. I thought organic ketchup would be disgusting. We all like it! It's really nice because I'm allergic to corn in addition to all the bad things about HFCS. I am currently trying to get my kids to stop liking only ranch dressing with MSG in it.

    ReplyDelete