Saturday, May 15, 2010

Great Mom

Cody's class at school had a Mothers' Day Tea yesterday. Of course, I forgot my camera so I will have to describe it for memory's sake.

They had decorated tables with paper flowers they made and table clothes. For a science project they planted bulbs that had begun sprouting that they gave to each of us. Around the room were many quotes about moms that the kids had written and decorated. Some were funny and some brought tears to my eyes.

We were served tea, yummy desserts, and cheese and crackers. The children served us. For the program, they recited a poem about moms and read the quotes. Then, we played a game like the dating game, but with our children. They had to answer questions about our favorite things like color, food, movie, etc. Cody and I won the first round!!

It was a really special time. Cody is a boy, so sentimental things bother him. The thing that I loved is seeing him interact with his classmates. He has a great sense of humor. I saw that he and I have a lot in common in how we interact with others.

The most special part of the day was the poem that Cody wrote for me. He really does know me well. I will always treasure the words. Here it is:

Great Mom
Mom is magnificent, marvelous, and miraculous.
She loves me, my family, and life.
She is good at cooking, cleaning, and helping.
She also makes me feel heavenly, efficient and content.

Laughs when she's happy, hears a joke, and when she's surprised.
She frowns when she's mad, sad, and annoyed.
Loves to go to the beach, Hawaii, and to Africa.
Helps me with homework, school, and cooking.
Expects me to do chores, dishes, and trash.
Surprised when I scare her, when she's awake, and has no work.
I couldn't live without her love, support, and care.
My mom is the light in the darkness.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome. My two favorites: That he knows your favorite places are the beach, Hawaii and Africa. Everyone who knows you knows that, which is really cute. Also, that you are surprised when you are awake. hahahahahahahahaha! =)

    PS. All those things are true about you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he knew that you are surprised when you have no work:) what a sweet guy. Sending a hug for him from us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this made me cry! what a treasure from that boy :)

    ReplyDelete