Saturday, November 14, 2009

Who knew...

...that this little sock...
...could become this lion puppet?
I am not crafty. I never have been, and I have come to terms with the fact that after 37 years, I never will be. When I had any artsy projects for school whether it was drawing something, creating a model of something, or doing a craft project like this one, I would basically watch my mom while she did it. I hated it, I procrastinated, and I cried and whined through the whole process. Now, our kids go to a school where costumes and puppets and models of things are deeply ingrained in their education. What was I thinking? So, Lauren and I got out the glue gun and the supplies we had purchased and ended up with what I think is a pretty amazing puppet.
Here is some of the process
These are the legs that we decided not to use. (All that work and creativity expended for nothing!!) The lion does have a pretty awesome looking tail on his back side that you cannot see in the picture. We decided that these little arms and legs could be bookmarks. Some purpose for my pain.
I am exhausted from this little project. I feel like I should get some kind of award today for this one. How long before Lauren has to dress like a Native American? Oh, yeah, that is on Friday. I better go start working on that one.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job! I too am not very crafty and Brooklyn is constantly asking to do crafts. I have to keep a folder of ideas handy because if I don't have something to copy, I'm useless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crafts? Oh wow. Not my strong point. I was in charge of crafts for Cubbies for 3 straight years. I almost had a nervous breakdown every week trying to come up with an idea, plan and prepare. I was actually happy we all had the flu on Bible Character night for AWANA this year. I had spent 2 weeks drawing a complete and total blank on any idea at all. I am extremely proud of you for the lion puppet. Whoo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete