Monday, November 30, 2009

Family Thanksgiving Dinner

Whenever we spend Thanksgiving Day at someone else's house, the following Saturday, we have our own Clapp Family Thanksgiving Meal. So, on Friday, the girls and I began preparing the foods. It has been so much fun this year having their help. They were very helpful putting up the Christmas decorations. This weekend, they were a HUGE help preparing the food. In the past when they have asked to help me cook, I kind of cringed inside because it seemed like more work than help. Not anymore.
Making Deviled Eggs(Abby can peel the eggs faster than me.)
Abby and Me making dressing(Lauren was helpful, but got tired of cooking rather quickly.) Abby was the little trooper. She kept asking for more work. I call her my little worker bee.
As you can see, we get really fancy for this meal. ;) All of the kids were in their pajamas. That is the fun part of having a Thanksgiving meal at your own house!!
We kick off the Christmas season with a gift for the family. This year it was the movie Elf. It has become our funny family Christmas movie to watch each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment