Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Great Break with Great Friends in a Great Place!!

My amazing husband allowed me the opportunity to get away for the weekend to one of my favorite places, Dallas!! We lived in Dallas for 5 years while we went to Seminary. I loved it while we lived there, and I have missed it since we left. There is just nothing like it to me. I love the weather, I love the people, and I love all the restaurants and malls. I was not disappointed this weekend. It was as good or better than I remember it. I left on Thursday and returned today. I feel so refreshed and pampered after this weekend.

First of all, Kara, you are the greatest. KK is a very dear friend. I have known her for almost 15 years. She started out as a member of the youth group Rick and I led and has become like a sister to me. She was my gracious host and activities director for the weekend. She was housesitting so we got to stay in really nice house. It was luxurious. We had a pool and hot tub. We didn't actually use either one of them, but for 2 afternoons, I was able to lounge by the pool in my swimsuit, one day chatting with KK and the other day, relaxing and reading by myself. We had 80 degree weather and I soaked in every bit of the warmth and sun I could get. KK even did my hair curly. I am going to try it at home, but I am sure it won't look as good as when she did it.

KK and Me

On Friday night, we had dinner at one of my favorite Tex-Mex restaurants, Uncle Julios. Dori, Missi, and Dana met us there. It was so good to catch up on life. Thanks, guys for giving up your evening to reconnect.

Here is the pool and hot tub. They even had palm trees!!



One of the many amazing places we ate. I love how Dallas has so many awesome places to eat out. Kara knows the waitress here. She treated us like queens. That is southern hospitality for you. They had these yummy pancakes with granola in them and a fabulous breakfast burrito. You have to try them if you ever go to Dallas.
These pictures don't capture us sleeping in until 9:00 every morning, drinking lots of sweet tea, watching movies together, my lunch with Stormy, our visit to Charming Charlies and Stonebriar mall, our meals at Central Market, an Irish Pub and BJs, our visit to Uptown, the truffles we made and ate, and the Blue Bell ice cream we consumed. I packed so much fun and relaxation into this one weekend. I am thankful for frequent flyer miles, housesitting in my dream house, and a husband who loves me enough to take care of our 6 children all by himself so that I can have a break. Not only did he keep them, he even took the time to work on some discipline issues that certain children are dealing with. He worked with them to make my life easier every day. Thanks, Rick for loving me so well.

Laila was a little mad at me when I got home. She wouldn't come to me for a while. I guess she thought she would show me. It didn't take long for her to come around. I came home bearing gifts of Cowboys gear that I got some great deals on. Now, everyone in the family has a Dallas Cowboys' hat. They are very excited. I will post pictures of them in their hats later. Our fingers are crossed for today's game. Right now it is not looking good.

3 comments:

  1. O Laura, I am SO GLAD you got a break!!! Your weekend sounds absolutely heavenly. My tense shoulders actually relaxed a tiny bit reading about it! =) I will pray that the Lord will maximize your refreshment even at home. Stay strong sister! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good For You! I don't know a more deserving Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you BUNCHES Laura Clapp....even if you "you know what" EVERY night (and morning too) I miss you so much and cannot wait for Rick to tell you to get out of the house again. He is the bestest. hehe Thanks for all the love that you poured on me, the wisdom that you spoke into my life and the laughter. It was truly an amazing weekend. Give all your kids a kiss from KK! :)

    ReplyDelete