Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day '11

Today is Valentine's Day. I think it is a bit overrated. Rick and I kind of like to spend all year long showing each other how much we are in love.

I don't like flowers or jewelry(unless it is something that has significance related to my kids or Africa).

I enjoy a nice meal out, an overnight getaway, or some cold hard cash more than anything.

The older I get, I am less into things and find myself craving experiences.

Rick asked me what would be the first thing I would do if I had unlimited money. My answer: Travel. I would take our family on a big vacation, and Rick and I would go on a big vacation(there would need to be palm trees at both locations).

Rick left this morning for a business trip in Dallas.

We did all of our celebrating as a family over the weekend.

If you know me, you know how I feel about him being in Dallas without me.

It is one of my favorite places on earth, and has some of my favorite people on earth.

To top it all off, he will be eating at all of our favorite places!! UGH!!

I called him while he was out with a friend at our favorite Tex Mex. Do you know what he said? "It is better than I remembered it!"

Really? Thanks for rubbing it in even more. Now, I will just go home and eat the leftovers from Isaiah and Laila's mac n' cheese.

I scored a deal for our supper tonight. I purchased a Groupon for Papa Murphy's Pizza a while ago. I used it to buy heart-shaped pizzas for tonight. I ended up getting 3 pizzas for $7!! Score!

It will taste even better to me knowing how good of a deal it was.

Tonight will be quiet. After getting the kids home from school, we will all put on our jammies, eat pizza, and watch a movie.

Who knows? I might get real adventurous and crank out the Whirley Pop.

Even though my true Valentine is far away, I will snuggle in with my 6 little Valentines, and thank God that each one of them is in my life!!

1 comment: