Monday, February 7, 2011

Random thoughts

~I have determined that if everyone in my house leaves 3 things lying around, that means there are 24 random things lying around my house!! On most days, we way exceed that number. I am going crazy trying to keep this place presentable. I just want to throw it all away and start over!!

~Isaiah and Laila have had explosive sneezes all day today. I have wiped more snot and seen more hanging from there noses than I care to talk about.

~Isaiah and Laila are still running fevers. Sam and Lauren are home from school again today.

~I think my vacuum died. Although I don't enjoy vacuuming, we can't survive without one. It makes me sad to think that we might have to spend money on something like that. I am praying Rick can magically bring it back to life tonight.

~As part of Laila's sickness, her right eye is watery. She has this perpetual little tear right under her eye that looks so pitiful.

~My house gets really messy when I have sick children. I just can't keep up with all of it.

~We are now in the year 1991 in Rick's 40 days for 40 years celebration. I love that we are now in the years that I have known him. So many people are stepping up and making him feel so special. Thank you!!

~My emotions are all over the place these days. I had no idea this transition would be so hard for me. I asked Rick yesterday, "How much longer do you think it will be before I can sit through a whole service at church without crying?" UGH!!

~Preparations have begun for this year's Swazi trip. Lauren is going with us. She is doing all kinds of things to raise money. She is cleaning houses. She and I are going to make fresh whole wheat bread to sell and maybe even some of our famous truffles.


1 comment: