I think that some stores reach certain people and their competitors reach others.
Kind of like Walmart vs. Target. Overall, I am a Walmart girl. That doesn't mean I never shop at Target. It just means that I always go to Walmart first. If they don't have what I want or need, then I will check out Target. I mostly go to Target for clearance stuff.
Now that Rick does not work at the church, we no longer have our Sam's membership. So, today, I took my first shopping trip to Costco. (I have been there before with friends, but not on my own to shop.)
Let me just tell you how disappointed I was!! So many people sing the praises of Costco. After today I don't get it. I like Sams WAY BETTER.
Here were my frustrations:
1. Costco does not open until 10:00. I can go to Sams on school mornings right after I drop the kids off at school.
2. Costco is not in a convenient location for me like Sams is.
3. There were several items that I buy at Sams that Costco does not carry.
4. I was overwhelmed by the prices. They are more expensive than Sams. To me, price is the most important element. I have to feed and house 8 people on a very limited budget. Every penny counts. I lost a lot of pennies at Costco today.
5. They don't sell Icees!!!! I don't get one every time I go, but I want the option, people.
Now, I am trying to convince my husband to get a Sams membership for me. I think they should give me one for this commercial I just did for them!