Friday, January 13, 2012

Seeking

Rick and I have set aside this weekend to seek the Lord.

We found a great deal on Groupon for a 2-night stay plus a dinner voucher at a nearby hotel.

I will take the first night away, and he will take the second night.

We will meet in the middle for the dinner.

God has shown himself in a BIG WAY this week.

I am not just talking, "thanks, God, you are so cool."

I am talking, "Oh my goodness, I know God does these kinds of things, but I never imagined He would do them for me. "

I am talking extravagant love straight from Him.

We are both still processing it.

God is also leading in other ways as well.

We began this week with pain and struggle and are seeing God open opportunities and His path in so many possible ways.

I don't think it is a coincidence that God had us plan this weekend when we did.

I feel expectant and hopeful for the first time in over a year.

I deeply desire to seek Him, to know Him, to serve Him.

I pray this weekend will be a HUGE step for both of us in that direction.

We would love your prayers as we seek God for our family and for His direction in our lives!!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing is more encouraging to me that hearing others testify about God's extravagant love in their lives--when He shows up and you know without a shadow of a doubt that He is there to do big things. How amazing that you and your husband are taking this time individually and not together. That takes discipline. I understand needing to feel peace and hope for the future. I'll be paying that this weekend is full of revelation and joy. And thank you for praying for my family these past few months.

    ReplyDelete