Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back in the Swing

The 4 big kids went back to school today.

I was dragging.

These early mornings do not work well for me.

I am a bit behind on my blogging, but there has been a lot going on around here.

After about 5 months of discussing, developing, and tweaking, we have introduced a new plan of action for chores around here.

I am excited, scared, hesitant, and optimistic all at the same time.

I am not going to share about it until we have had a few weeks to try it out and work out some of the kinks that I am sure we will encounter.

If it works, it will make my life a lot easier and will help develop our children into more responsible citizens.

If it doesn't, I will cry and maybe even throw something.

I spent today doing laundry, working on my mom's yearly calendar(yes, Mama, it is complete and on the way to you), making pinto beans, pouring my heart out to a friend, taking Cody to an orthodontist visit, grilling burgers and dogs(that may not seem profound, but Rick is the grill master in this house), getting kids to bed, and now heading that way myself.

I have to shop tomorrow. I have not done any real grocery shopping since before Christmas.

I have put it off as long as I can, and I am dreading it, but we have to eat.

Hopefully, I can get those last items returned from Christmas and maybe even get some really cheap wrapping paper for next year if any is left.

I am going to start off this new year by seeing how little I can spend on groceries, gas, and other necessities this month. If the weather will cooperate, we might be able to get a lower utilities bill, too!

While I am on here, if you think about it, say a prayer for my mama. She had pretty major back surgery last week. According to the doctor, it went well. Unfortunately, recovery is a beast. I wish I could be there to help her or at least keep her company.






No comments:

Post a Comment